Monday, February 25, 2013

Food Favorite


I have discovered this wonderful seasoning!

I watch a woman's videos on YouTube and she always uses this seasoning. At first I thought, eh, what I use is fine, I'm happy with my normal spices. 

Then, I was in the store and getting some spices and saw that it wasn't that expensive, so I'd get some and try it out.

Oh my gracious people!! I don't know why I lived under a rock that didn't include Zatarain's Blackened Seasoning! This stuff is wonderful!

It gives food a spice kick, without a lot of actual "spicyness", while still creating TONS of flavor.

I have used it in soups and stews. I have used it in meat rubs, and meat brines for marinating. Used it in taco meat, in meatloaves (YES! It can make even the BEST meatloaf, better!!), I bet even in hamburgers it would be good. I used it to spice egg salad (yum!) and have used it in potato salad as well. Even added it to gravy. 

Let me tell you, if you haven't tried this seasoning, it is absolutely worth the "go for it!", because it adds wonderful enhancement to things you normally make.

Happy Homemaking!!



No comments: