Monday, February 18, 2013

What's For Supper Tonight?

Hello Homemakers!!

Today started out slow, and ended up being my sisters, daughter, niece and I doing some shopping and having lunch together. It was a beautiful thing. I very much enjoyed the sisterly fellowship, and shopping with my daughter. Watching her try on clothes that fit and that she likes herself in. As I said, it was a beautiful thing. 

I wasn't in the mood to make anything fancy for supper, but definitely wanted/needed something filling. It is cold out, all of 22 degrees right now, so I wanted it to be warming too. 

I had 2 quarts of left over chicken soup that we ate a few nights ago. I made it over noodles originally, but didn't save it with noodles in it. 

Since I had them sitting in the fridge, and I was tired, I figured this was a perfect time to reinvent that soup into something for tonight's supper. 

I quickly chopped and whipped up some mashed potatoes (don't forget to skim those impurities!). 

I dumped the 2 quarts of chicken soup in a pot. I added some flour to thicken it like a gravy, and some more spices. Mainly more salt and pepper. 

Then I just boiled up some green beans.

That was it folks. That simple. 


I served the "gravied" soup over the mashed potatoes, with the green beans on the side. 

Nothing fancy, yet very warm and filling. Exactly what I was going for.

I of course added some pepperoncinis and garlic stuffed green peppers to the side of my supper. I love to eat both of those as a compliment to almost anything. 

I hope y'all enjoyed this quick meal. It is truly a no-brainer and something the whole family enjoys.

Happy Homemaking!!

No comments: